Wireless network through Eduroam
Wireless network trough Eduroam
Bring your own laptop to campus and connect to Eduroam – the wireless network for BTH students. Students at other higher education institutions in Sweden that are Eduroam-affiliated can also use Eduroam at BTH.
If you do not want to carry around your computer all day long, you stow it in one of our safes. In Karlskrona, the safes are located in the hallway between the Reception (building A) and the library (building H).
Eduroam – username and password
You can create your Eduroam account via konto.bth.se. From this page you can also set a new password if you need. The username for eduroam is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I connect?
You can connect to Eduroam on all BTH premises on Campus Karlskrona and Campus Karlshamn.
NB: It is important that you switch off the wireless network whenever you have a wired connection to your computer. If you are connected to both at the same time, there is a risk that the computer will attempt to connect to services to which it does not have access and your computer may go into standby mode.
Which networks can I use?
Eduroam – for BTH students and for students from other participating institutions.
How do I log in?
- Go to https://cat.eduroam.org
- Select “Blekinge Institute of Technology”
- Click the “Download your eduroam installer” button
- Download the installation package
- Log in with your username and password, according to the instructions above
- There is an installation app for Android phones, but (depending on your device) you may need to install it manually :
Security: 802.1x EAP
EAP method: PEAP
CA-certificate: Leave blank / do not validate
Anonymous Identity: userID@eduroam.bth.se
Password: your Eduroam password
Computer without an internet connection
If you do not have an internet connection and are unable to download the installation package above, you can:
- use a different network to install the programme (home network or other open network)
- connect by sharing internet from your mobile phone
- download the installation file on a different computer and transfer it over via USB.